Okay, I have to do it – so bear with me.
This guy turned 24 this week.
Aaaand well, he is awesome. So I would like to present for my 3 blog followers out there: 24 reasons [today] why I love my husband Cody.
- That he knows my flaws better than anyone, and loves me nonetheless.
- Um, have you SEEN how organized our kitchen is?
- That he’s the smartest person I know and isn’t a jerk about it [that much 😛 ].
- That he is a great listener, especially when I am being an even greater talker.
- That he fulfilled our prenuptial vow to get a dog as soon as humanly possible.
- That he works tirelessly to support our family.
- That he is wise to such an extent to know when some of the toughest disputes just need a good game of rock, paper, scissors.
- He laughs often – even to lighten a hard situation.
- That he serves me in everything he does, from making an itemized grocery list at the beginning of the week and cooks us delicious meals.
- That he pursued a career that happens to involve a luxury item that we now can spend far less than the average wine collector, while drinking twice as good.
- That he thinks and prays through every decision to make sure it’s the right one.
- That despite how awesome he is, he knows that God is awesomer, and it’s only through His grace that we are where we are.
- That he takes me on adventures.
- His unfailing loyalty.
- He doesn’t worry. Like, really, he doesn’t.
- He loves dogs even more than I do – and most specifically, our dog.
- He takes said dog outside in the rain precisely when I don’t want to.
- He does things like read patiently while I watch things like Elf, Glee, and Twilight (yeah, I said it).
- He looks really good in preppy J Crew clothes
- He is helpful
- He makes me better
- He has a nice laugh
- He kills the spiders
|Photo Cred – Vanessa Bartels|