According to Laura Jean, “This award is kind of like a trophy for a 4th grade softball game in my opinion. It isn’t meant for the grand daddy of all blogs and probably doesn’t mean all too much in the long run but is exciting and rewarding for the time being.”
We Loved Here: “The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
Rules for the nominees:
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate.
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
- Thank the lovely blogger who nominated you and link back to their page.
- Also feel free to add a “Liebster Blog” button on your sidebar to keep that recognition going!
- I love peanut butter, but only the kind that only has peanuts in it (sorry, Skippy)
- I’m obsessed with my golden retriever, Kinley
- I’m equally obsessed with my hottie husband, Cody
- I am terrified of whales, people dressed like rabbits, the dark, and heights
- I love Jesus and my goal in life is to glorify Him and share His love with others
- I think wine is awesome in a very God-honoring, spiritual sense, and someday I’d like to write a book about that
- I’m currently employed as a grape-picker in the vineyards of Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand
- My favorite punctuation mark is the ampersand (&)
- My favorite author is John Steinbeck, tied with C.S. Lewis
- I’m a terrible cook but I married a great one
- I am a die-hard Harry Potter fan, and love Young Adult lit wayyy too much
Questions for our Nominees
- What is your favorite breakfast food?
Right now: rolled oats with cinnamon, honey, and peanut butter, and sometimes a cut up banana.
- If you could have nominated ONE movie for a best movie in the world award, what would it be?
The Shawshank Redemption
- Why do you blog?
To share what’s going on in our life with family and friends, and hopefully to brag about the incredible providence and blessings God has given us
- What book would you recommend I read next?
East of Eden by John Steinbeck, or if you’ve read that one, Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres.
- Describe your morning routine.
Since I’m only working part-time right now, my days off involve waking up naturally, cooking breakfast in my jammies, usually calling or video-chatting with my mom, sisters, or other family and friends, and going for a walk around the neighborhood to run errands. It’s awesome.
- What is your favorite quote?
“Write with nouns and verbs, not with adjectives and adverbs. The adjective hasn’t been built that can pull a weak or inaccurate noun out of a tight place.”– William Strunk and E.B. White, The Elements of Style, 1959
- Do you have any music recommendations?
I have a strange obsession with Beethoven’s 7th Symphony – it’s my go-to background music when I need to focus on something. Another of my favorite non-classical albums is The Everglow by Mae.
- Where has been your favorite place to travel?
So far, driving across the US with Cody on our way to Iowa before we left for New Zealand. It catered to my home-body nature, I was with Cody and Kinley, and we had a blast listening to music and podcasts and checking out the beautiful scenery in the rockies. Not the most otherworldly, but my favorite nonetheless.
- What sorts of things do you pin on Pinterest?
Lots of funnies for shameless entertainment, like clips from Ellen or Whose Line? Also, nerdy grammar and punctuation-related things.
- Do you prefer to buy ground coffee or whole coffee beans? Whole beans for SURE.
- What is your most views or favorite blog post from you blog?
I’m not 100% sure if I got the data right, but it looks like the favorite is Aucklandia, about when we first made it to New Zealand.